Devil Bear and Friends

All the cool things I do with my family and friends.

Friday, November 10, 2006

My Trip to the Zoo

By Devil Bear
Photos by Daddy

Mommy when we first arrived. She always wears hats because the sun hurts her skin. This hat is from Vietnam.

Last year we went to the San Diego Zoo. It was really fun. There were some crazy looking animals there! Daddy took lots of pictures of our trip.

Blitzen and I looked for animals with antlers and horns like us, because they are the coolest. Daddy said they could be our distant relatives. Animals use their horns for fighting or looking cool. I use mine for thinking, and for holding hats on my head. Blitzen uses his for balancing when he flies around.  But we both look cool all the time.

Me and Blitzen hanging with the camels.

This camel has humps on his back.

Humps aren't as cool as horns, but Mommy said they help him live in the dessert because they hold water. I said okay, but if he lives in the dessert why is he so furry? She said it's protection from the sun. That's all she thinks about! Furry camels in the desert makes no sense. I'll bet he's from the North Pole!

These white antelopes have great horns! Here they are having a fight!

This is an orangutan. Daddy said he was probably related to Mommy. He has red hair and doesn't like the sun!

This is a Goth pig. She has punk hair and earrings.

This piggy needs a shave!

Someone's got his nose out of joint!



Here's me and Mommy looking at the flamingoes. They have skinny legs. No horns, but awesome beaks!
This is a giant panda. She is related to me because I'm a bear, too.
Mommy said pandas may be more related to racoons than bears because they have "opposable thumbs."   My thumbs aren't opposed to anything, and this sure looks like a bear to me!

Pandas don't have horns, but they're still cool.



Here's the horn king! Even when he's chilling, he's the coolest of them all!


We saw many other animals, until our feet hurt, but we went home happy. Thanks for reading about my trip to the zoo! For more information about the San Diego Zoo visit their website at www.sandiegozoo.org.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home